Freelance Designer & Marketer
Megan Gersch Design
Los Angeles, CA // September 2007 - Present
- Created and executed marketing strategy (including artwork, social media, print and digital advertising, guerilla tactics, email marketing, publicity, and creative ideas)
- Designed and front-end developed websites for an array of entertainment clients
- Fabricated print-ready client merchandise and promotional art (including poster and t-shirts designs)
- Formulated new brand distinctiveness and logo designs
- Created promotional artwork for various events and activations
- Strengthened client SEO and public visibility
Los Angeles, CA // April 2015 - September 2018
- Directed digital and print design, artwork, and interactive marketing initiatives for over 900 Spaceland events, annually. Venues and events include: The Echo + Echoplex, The Regent Theater in Downtown Los Angeles, Circle V festival, Cloak & Dagger festival, and Echo Park Rising festival.
- Managed marketing initiatives and deliverables for Twilight Concerts at the Santa Monica Pier, Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles Summer Concert Series, MOCA Music, First Fridays at the Natural History Museum, Spaceland Presents events at Pico Union Project.
- Redesigned Spaceland Presents' website to reflect the various verticals within the umbrella brand. Optimized mobile website experience, and constructed a new blog to feature curated company content. Worked with Ticketfly's development team within the Basecamp platform to perfect Spaceland site functionality.
- Redesigned Spaceland Presents' email templates to coordinate with updated website and brand guidelines.
- Designed and content managed festival websites for Echo Park Rising, Circle V, and Cloak & Dagger.
- Worked closely with the Marketing Director to formulate brand visuals and strategy across social media platforms.
- Created festival, event series, and venue sponsorship pitch decks. Composed company proposals and SOWs for new business.
- Managed the marketing and design internship program. Tasked interns with ongoing projects and educated them on marketing strategy.
KCRW 89.9 FM
Santa Monica, CA // January 2013 - April 2015
- Collaborated with music, news, culture, and events producers to create compelling promotional materials, microsites & email marketing campaigns
- Supplemental art direction for the W3 Silver Award winning KCRW.com redesign
- Project managed & quality tested several mobile application development processes, including the W3 Silver Award winning KCRW Fringe Benefits application
- Redesigned email newsletter templates, resulting in a 3-4% boost in click through rates
Graphic & Web Designer
Musictoday, a Live Nation company
Los Angeles, CA // August 2009 - December 2012
- Designed and implemented online stores, ticketing sites, and marketing materials for an array of 3000+ entertainment clients
- Drafted and utilized templates to maximize company efficiency while simultaneously allowing for individual brand customization
- Created innovative, polished advertisements that establish unique talent identity
- Redesigned and streamlined UI / UX for ecommerce store checkout process
Graphic Designer and Webmaster
Midnight Spaghetti Productions
Harrisonburg, VA // December 2008 - October 2011
- Maintained and updated website for band, Midnight Spaghetti
- Created web and print graphic design specific to tour dates
- Formulated all branding, digital presence, print advertising, and merchandise design for Spaghettifest, an annual regionally- renowned music festival based in the Shenandoah Valley
James Madison University Learning Resource Center
Harrisonburg, VA // February 2009 - July 2009
- Draft university documents for both digital and print use
- Exercise administrative skills to guarantee an efficient working environment
- Ensure a welcoming atmosphere for students, faculty, and staff at the Science and Math Learning Center division
Blame it on the Train Productions
Harrisonburg, VA // September 2007 - January 2009
- Organized, marketed, and presented a multitude of entertainment for the surrounding local community
- Extended potential concert inquires to artists; negotiate business terms and issue artist and venue contracts
- Prepared company website and regulate content based on upcoming events