Since you run a business, you’ve probably heard that branding strategy is important for success. But what exactly does branding mean and how does it impact your bottom line?
“A brand is a name, term, design, symbol, or any other feature that identifies one seller’s good or service as distinct from those of other sellers”
(American Marketing Association)
Creating a great brand goes beyond just a logo design. It can include your:
- logo usage
- font suite
- color palette
- core values
- brand voice
- and so much more
And – great branding is directly correlated to business sales. Here’s how:
1. When you show up with a consistent identity throughout your online properties (social media, website, etc.), you will build trust with your audience.
Let’s say you are using the same profile photo across your social media. If I follow you on Tiktok, but then decide to follow you on Instagram, that consistent profile photo sends me a visual cue that I am in the right place.
As you continue to deliver valuable, branded content, your audience will start to recognize the look & feel of your posts as a source of valuable information that they will want to consume.
2. People are more likely to buy from brands they are familiar with and feel aligned with.
Are there businesses that you refuse to support because of their beliefs, political affiliation, or other factors?
When you share these core values with your audience, the people that align with you will be EVEN MORE drawn to you.
3. Brand aesthetic can influence how customers perceive products & services.
For example – a jewelry brand might look different than a skateboarding brand.
The design in itself can drive what customers think the value of a product / service is.
4. Branding shows how your business differs from competitors (and why your solution is better).
For example, in the classic Mac vs PC advertising campaigns, Apple portrays their brand as a hip, cool kid, whereas PC is depicted as an older, more traditional man.
If you’ve already got a great product, great branding can kick your sales into high gear.
Want to chat 1-on-1 about your branding strategy so that you can start attracting your ideal customers? I’d love to help. Book a 1-on-1 Power Hour Branding Coaching Call with me today, and we will cover:
- Assessment of your brand’s target audience
- Branding advice on colors, fonts, brand voice, graphical elements, etc.
- Website design strategy, and best practices
- Graphic asset creation recommendations
- Productivity / creating processes so that you can show up with a consistent look and feel and feel confident about your brand